#TwitterIsBlockedInTurkey: Learn how to easily unblock sites
Want to unblock sites and apps with VPN and protect your privacy?
(At the end of this article we will explain, what a VPN connection is.)
Here are a few usefull tools for you, which will help you to reach all the websites, which are blocked in your country:
- Tor: A free network of virtual tunnels that allows people and groups to improve their privacy and security on the Internet. Use Tor to keep websites from tracking you, or to connect to news sites, instant messaging services, or the like when these are blocked by your local Internet providers: http://torproject.org/. Download the Tor-Browserbundle, it contains everything you need to safely browse all websites you want: https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en (Microsoft Windows, Apple OS X, Linux/Unix.)
- Private Tunnel: Free VPN. Your public IP address is revealed to every web site you visit. Many countries have imposed policies to block their citizens from basic rights to access specific web content on the Internet. China and some countries in the Middle East are among those countries that block Facebook and Twitter and other resources. Private Tunnel supports advanced methods to circumvent such restrictions to provide accessibility to any web content no matter your location: https://www.privatetunnel.com/ (Microsoft Windows, Apple OS X, Android, IPhone/IPad)
- Onavo Protect: Free VPN http://www.onavo.com/apps/iphone_protect (iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch)
- ShellfireVPN: Free VPN https://www.shellfire.de/vpn/ (Windows, Android)
- Riseup VPN: Free VPN https://www.riseup.net/en/riseup-vpn (with tutorials how to setup OpenVPN on Linux, Android, Mac, Microsoft Windows: https://www.riseup.net/en/vpn-howto#setting-up-openvpn
- vpn.rrspot.net: Free VPN. Please only connect if you are in Turkey! http://vpn.rrspot.net// (Android, Apple iOS)
- Cyberghost VPN 5: Free VPN, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited Traffic, disconnect after 3 hours (OpenVPN via Windows client) http://www.cyberghostvpn.com/ (Microsoft Windows, iOS, Android, Linux/Unix)
- VPNBook: Free VPN and Free Web Proxy http://www.vpnbook.com/ (Microsoft Windows, MAC OS X, Ubuntu, IPad, Android)
- ZenMate for Google Chrome: Free VPN extension for Google Chrome http://www.vpnranks.com/how-to-unblock-twitter-in-turkey-by-using-zenmate/
- Your Freedom: Free VPN. Bandwidth 64 kbit/s, unlimited Volume, Connection time: 2 hours – or buy an upgrade. https://www.your-freedom.net/ (Microsoft Windows, MAC OS X, Android)
- Hotspotshield: Free and without limit, but with ads. You just download it, install it, and use it. You don’t need an account, you don’t even need a username. https://www.hotspotshield.com/ (Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, IPhone/IPad, Android)
- Spotflux: Free , but with ads or upgrade to Spotflux Premium. Works across all your devices. http://www.spotflux.com/ (Microsoft Windows, iOS, Android)
- OkayFreedom VPN: Free < 1GB/month https://www.okayfreedom.com/ (Microsoft Windows)
- SurfEasy: Get started with free “Starter VPN”, which includes 500 MB/month of Data Protection, with plenty of opportunities to earn more by completing a few simple tasks such as confirming your email, or switching regions within the app. https://www.surfeasy.com/ (Android, Mac OS, Windows)
- VPNOneClick: Free trial 7 days. Multi platform VPN application https://www.vpnoneclick.com/ (Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac OSX, Iphone/Ipad, IPod, Android, Play Station 3, X Box 360, Wii, Apple Tv, Smart tv, Amazon Kindle, wifi – Vpn any other device using Wifi)
- VPNOneClick: “Your trial account will be active for 24 hours from the account sign up. Access on all devices one at a time $5.99/month. You won’t notice any sluggishness.” https://www.safervpn.com/ (Windows, Mac, Android and iOS)
- YOLO: Free WebProxy. ProVPN: Not free in charge. http://hidemyass.com/ (Microsoft Windows, Apple OS , iPhone/iPad, Android)
- ExpressVPN: Pricing: https://www.expressvpn.com/order https://www.expressvpn.com/ (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux and more)
- VPNFires: Most valuable VPN plans starting from $0.99 http://www.vpnfires.biz/
- VPNintouch: Easy-to-use Applications, but not free in charge http://www.vpnintouch.com (PC, Mac, iPhone, Android, and other devices)
- Orbot: Tor for Android devices – easy to use and free! https://guardianproject.info/apps/orbot/
- Orweb: A free privacy enhanced web browser that supports proxies. https://guardianproject.info/apps/orweb/
- Onion Browser for iOS: Free minimal web browser that encrypts and tunnels web traffic through the Tor onion router network and provides other tools to help browse the internet while maintaining privacy. https://mike.tig.as/onionbrowser/
- fqrouter: A software designed to help you circumvent Great Firewall of China (GFW). Fqrouter has a number of public proxies built-in, so it works out of box by just one click. It works on Android mobile, without ROOT permission. http://fqrouter.com (Android)
- TouchVPN: No software installation, no bandwidth limit, and absolutely FREE. http://www.touchvpn.com/ (IPhone/IPad, Android)
- TunnelBear: VPN-app. 500 MBs of free data each and every month. https://www.tunnelbear.com/ (Microsoft Windows, Apple OS X, Android, IPhone/IPad)
- F-Secure Freedome: VPN-App. Free only for 7 days http://freedome.f-secure.com/de/home.html (iOS, Android)
- Cyberghost (10000 free Keys for Turkish Internet Users) http://internetisfreedom.com/tr
Emergency Broadcast System, tweet anonymously: http://ebs.pwny.biz/index.php?p=home
Lots of DNS-server (IPV4 and 6):
Plz check also: Which VPN Services Take Your Anonymity Seriously? 2014 Edition.
Information in Turkish: http://redhackeditor.tumblr.com/aem
What is a VPN connection?
A VPN is a private network that is created between your computer/device and another computer/device. A very normal way to explain a VPN is to compare it with a tunnel. In general your computer is connected directly to the Internet and your data is sent from your computer to the different sites and servers you visit.
Your computer connects directly to a VPN server/computer somewhere else in the world. All traffic between your computer and the server is encrypted and hidden from the rest of the world, thus making it safe, even though if you are using an open wireless network. After connecting to the server all your movement on the Internet will not seem to origin from your actual location, but from the location of the VPN server you are connected to. In this way you will be able to get hold of IP address in tons of nations using this strategy and you will be able to unlock services that have been formerly locked and blocked by services and geo-blocks.
Feel free to use the comment-function!